Controls and drives
Your mine thrives on efficiency. Joy Global’s control and drive technology supercharges your equipment by maximizing key factors that improve your production rates and lower your cost per ton.
Your surface mining operations benefit from our Centurion shovel control system, LINCS II control and monitoring system, and SR hybrid drive.
Your room and pillar operations gain value from our Faceboss control system and Optidrive integrated drive transmission technologies.
And finally, your longwall systems see productivity gains from our Optidrive integrated drive transmission and Optidrive for AFC systems.
- The Centurion electrical control system upgrade can supercharge your analog shovel, taking several seconds off each dig cycle and increasing your units moved per hour
- The Faceboss control system enables your operators to operate equipment at an optimal balance of production rate and cost per ton
- LINCS II helps increase safety by preventing the operator from executing inappropriate commands
- Optidrive integrates software with electronic and mechanical systems to provide increased tram speed, regenerative braking, better speed control, and less maintenance
- Our Joy SR hybrid drive system features high energy efficiency and evenly distributed loads
- Optimizes speed control to significantly increase operator control of machine movement
- Available on all Joy continuous miners, haulage systems, loaders, and longwall system equipment